Working as a volunteer can be an extremely challenging and rewarding experience.
The Melbourne Cricket Club welcomes expressions of interest from prospective volunteers to support the operation of the National Sports Museum at the Melbourne Cricket Ground.
Volunteers will be working as part of an overall team, including full time and part time staff, and other existing volunteer MCG Guides operating MCG Tours.
Core operating hours for the museum are 10am – 5pm each day, 7 days a week, including non-event and event days.
Volunteers will be critical to the success of the National Sports Museum and the visitor experience. Volunteer roles for the National Sports Museum will include:
- Assisting visitors with information and directions within gallery spaces.
- Visitor reception, logistics support and control.
- Supervising interactive activities.
- Supervision/guiding of group activities, including school groups.
- Basic administrative duties.
Volunteer shifts will be scheduled based on morning and afternoon shift times. Volunteers may also be sought to assist during sports events or other MCG related activities linked to the National Sports Museum.
Benefits of Volunteering
Working as a volunteer at the National Sports Museum has many rewards including:
- Pride and sense of achievement in making a contribution to a national attraction.
- Develop new skills and knowledge.
- Entertain and inform visitors.
- Share your passion for sport.
- Be part of the culture and heritage of the MCG.
- Fun and enjoyment of working "on the job" in a team.
Back to top
For more information, please click here.