MELBOURNE CRICKET CLUB “RITE OF PASSAGE” PROMOTION
Vic Permit No. 12/1382
HOW TO REGISTER:
To enter, log onto the MCG website (www.mcg.org.au) between 9:00am AEST on 28/06/12 and 4.00pm AEST on 29/06/12, then fully complete your own details (including a valid email address) and the child/children’s* details on the registration form (as prompted).
Eligible Claimants must provide a valid email address so that they can be notified if their registration is successful.
*All children nominated must be aged 14 years or under. Limit two (2) children per registration.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Registration is only open to parents or guardians residing in Victoria aged 18 years or over who nominate a child/children aged 14 years or under on the registration form (“Eligible Claimants”). Employees of the Promoter and their immediate families and the Promoter's agencies associated with this promotion and their employees are ineligible. Eligible Claimants must provide a valid email address on the registration form so that the Promoter can notify them if their claim is successful.
3. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of registrations and to disqualify any Eligible Claimant who tampers with the registration process or who submits a registration that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
4. Limit of one registration per Eligible Claimant permitted. Each child may only be nominated once. Limit two (2) children per registration.
5. Registrations open 9:00am AEST on 28/06/12. Registrations close 4.00pm AEST on 29/06/12.
6. Following the closure of the registration period a computer generated ballot will be run by the Promoter's Agent to determine the 550 winners. Eligible Claimants will be eligible to receive the 'Rite of Passage' offer, which will be provided to the nominating Eligible Claimant (“Successful Claimant”). The ballot will take place at midday on 03/07/12 at the offices of the Promoter's Agent, Level 8, 15 Williams Street Melbourne. If 549 nominations for the ‘Rite of Passage’ session have been filled and the next registration randomly selected through the computer generated ballot nominates two children, that registration will be accepted and the Successful Claimant will receive a ‘Rite of Passage’ offer for both children. Successful Claimants will be notified by email.
7. The Promoter's decision is final and no challenge to the decisions of the Promoter will be accepted or acted upon in any way.
8. A ‘Rite of Passage’ offer includes an invitation (conditional upon purchase by the Successful Claimant of an adult ticket) for the child/children to attend the Richmond v North Melbourne AFL Game at the MCG on 22/07/12. Successful Claimants must purchase an adult ticket to the game and present their 'Rite of Passage' offer at the time of purchase of the adult tickets in order to receive one free child’s ticket (valued at $2.50) to the same game for each child aged 14 years or under nominated on the original registration form (maximum of two children per Successful Claimant).
9. Redemption of the 'Rite of Passage' offer will also entitle the Successful Claimant and each child (aged 14 years or under nominated on the original registration form (maximum of two children per Successful Claimant)) to participate in the following activities and receive the following benefits at the MCG on 22/07/12: a pre-game ‘Kick-to-Kick’ session on the ground; a group visit to the Atrium before the start of the game; and 1 x show bag for each child (valued at $50). Exact contents of each show bag will be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion. The total value of the prize pool for the 'Rite of Passage' promotion is $28,927.50.
10. Successful Claimants must redeem their 'Rite of Passage' offer at the nominated gate (which will be notified to Successful Claimants) at the MCG prior to 1pm on Sunday 22/07/12. Transport to and from the MCG is the sole responsibility of the Successful Claimant.
11. It is a condition of participating in a ‘Rite of Passage’ session that the children be accompanied by their parent or guardian at all times, before, during, and after the session.
12. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of entitlements. Entitlements (or any unused portion) are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
13. The ‘Rite of Passage’ kick-to-kick session on the ground at the AFL game is subject to appropriate weather conditions. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel the session in its absolute discretion if it deems that weather conditions are too dangerous or unsafe. The Successful Claimants acknowledge that if the 'Rite of Passage' kick-to-kick session on the ground is cancelled due to unsafe conditions, it will not be rescheduled and the Successful Claimants will not be entitled to any compensation. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a Successful Claimant (or any child/children) to take part in the ‘Rite of Passage’ kick-to-kick session on the ground, if the Promoter determines, in their absolute discretion, that a Successful Claimant (or the child/children) is not in a physical condition necessary to be able to safely participate in the session.
14. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury which is suffered or sustained, as a result of redeeming the 'Rite of Passage' offer or taking any of its associated benefits, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. It is a condition of redeeming the 'Rite of Passage' offer that the Successful Claimants may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
15. Subject to state regulation, in the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the 'Rite of Passage' promotion.
16. If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned (including but not limited to) infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the registration process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the 'Rite of Passage' promotion.
17. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, (including but not limited to) any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in or down-loading any materials in this promotion.
18. Any costs associated with accessing the MCG website is the Successful Claimant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used. Any contact details entered incorrectly on the website will result in the registration being deemed invalid.
19. If for any reason whatsoever a Successful Claimant does not take an element of the ‘Rite of Passage’ offer at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then that element of the ‘Rite of Passage’ offer will be forfeited by the Successful Claimant and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the ‘Rite of Passage’ offer.
20. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any offer invitation that has been lost, stolen, forged or tampered with in any way.
21. If an entitlement is/are not available, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute an entitlement in its discretion to the same and equal recommended retail value and/or specification.
22. The Promoter and the Promoter's Agent collects Eligible Claimants’ and children’s personal information in order to conduct the promotion. If the information requested is not provided, the Eligible Claimant/child/children may not participate in the promotion. By registering to participate in the promotion, unless otherwise advised, each Eligible Claimant and the child/children specified on the registration form also agree that the Promoter, the Promoter's Agent, and National Sports Museum Limited ABN 91 127 532 601 may use the Eligible Claimant’s and child’s/childrens' information, in any media for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes (including for the promotion of the MCG Junior Membership programs), without any further reference, payment or other compensation to the Eligible Claimant/child/children, including sending the Eligible Claimant/child/children electronic messages. The Eligible Claimant/child/children has the right to have their personal information removed from the Promoter's and the Promoter's Agent's databases. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter and the Promoter's Agent at the relevant addresses set out below.
23. Eligible Claimants consent to the Promoter and the Promoter's Agent using the Eligible Claimant's and/or their nominated child’s/children’s, names, likenesses, images and/or voices in the event they are a Successful Claimant (incl. photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media (including the MCG website or any other website) for an unlimited period of time without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by and/or events conducted and/or hosted by the Promoter or the Promoter's Agent and for the purpose of allowing any person accessing the MCG website or the website of any agent of the Promoter to purchase or download for free any images created.
24. The Promoter reserves the right to request Eligible Claimants and their child/children to provide proof of age, identity and residency prior to redeeming the ‘Rite of Passage’ offer. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter.
25. The Promoter is Melbourne Cricket Club of Melbourne Cricket Ground, Yarra Park, Jolimont VIC 3002, ABN 92 871 871 964.
26. The Promoter's Agent is Next Digital Group Pty Ltd, Level 8, 15 William Street, Melbourne VIC 3000, ABN 99 125 893 272.
27. Vic Permit No. 12/1382
Back to top