For the comfort, safety and enjoyment of all patrons, staff and event participants, and/or pursuant to MCG Regulations and the Major Sporting Events Act 2009 the following items are not permitted into the MCG:
- Opened plastic soft drink containers
- Torn-up paper
- Musical instruments
- Flags with handles exceeding 1.6 metres
- Fireworks/flares/laser lights
- Rollerblades, skateboards or scooters
- Animals (guide and hearing animals excepted)
- Audio recording equipment/video cameras*
- Any large article that cannot be placed under a seat
- Any device that in the opinion of management has the potential to cause injury or public nuisance.
Cloakroom facilities are not available for any of the above items.
*Audio visual equipment may be permitted for those parents whose children participate in the Auskick/Little League competition.
Note: For AFL matches, the conditions should be read in conjunction with the AFL Venue Entry Policy .
Note: For cricket matches, the conditions should be read in conjunction with Cricket Australia ticket policies.
MEXICAN WAVE - Cricket Australia's Venue Conditions of Entry prohibits the Mexican Wave inside the MCG at cricket matches.
Please also note the following:
Back to top
- Melbourne Cricket Club management reserves the right to refuse entry.
- No representations are made that there is seating available.
- Patrons are admitted to the stadium at their own risk.
- Patrons may be requested to present their bags for inspection.
- Persons entering the arena without prior authorisation will be liable for prosecution.
- Security cameras operate at this stadium, patrons may be filmed.
- Melbourne Cricket Club will not be held responsible for any damages to, loss or theft of a patron's personal property.
- Seats retract automatically, check your seat before you sit down.
- Umbrellas cannot be raised in seating areas whilst any activity is taking place on the arena.
- Alcoholic beverages may not be taken into or from the MCG.
- Smoking is not permitted within the MCG or within the designated smoke-free areas outside the stadium.
- Patrons causing a disturbance or refusing to comply with requests from MCC staff or their representatives may be evicted from the stadium.
- Some areas of the MCG are exposed to direct sunlight and heat. Patrons are required to take appropriate care for their sun protection and hydration.