The Melbourne Cricket Ground is one of the most famous cricket grounds in the world.
There have been countless memorable cricket moments at the MCG since the first Test in 1877.
Many records have been created at cricket matches at the MCG.
Take a look through a history of cricket at the MCG that has seen just about everything…
- The world record first-class score (1107 - Victoria v NSW, 1926);
- The First Test match (Australia v England, 1877);
- First century in Test cricket (Charles Bannerman);
- World’s first cricket scoreboard showing batsman’s name and method of dismissal;
- First full-colour cricket scoreboard with instant replays,
- The first major stadium to use “Super Sopper” to dry surface; and
- The world’s first one-day international cricket match (January 5, 1971)
Back to top