Rite of Passage 2012 - entries closed
Jun 29, 2012
Updated: Friday June 29 at 4.00pm.
The very popular MCG Rite of Passage event will return in 2012 on Sunday July 22 - prior to the Richmond v North Melbourne match - allowing hundreds of children and their parents/guardians to share in the magic of the MCG.
Now in its eighth year, the MCG Rite of Passage event was created to introduce a new generation of sporting fans to this iconic sporting arena.
Since then, more than 5000 children have enjoyed a kick on the ground with their parents/guardians and been introduced to what it was like when mum and dad came to the football, continuing this great Australian sporting tradition with the next legion of football fans.
In 2012, a random computer generated ballot will be used to select the lucky participants.
Entries have now closed. Both successful and unsuccessful registrations will be notified via email on Thursday July 5.
WHAT YOU'LL GET...
Approximately 550 children, along with their parent or guardian will receive the 2012 MCG Rite of Passage offer, which includes:
• A free child-sized Coca-Cola branded football.
• Free children’s general admission entry into the MCG with the purchase of an adult ticket (child must be under 14 years of age at July 22, 2012).
• Opportunity to have a kick-to-kick on the ground prior to the game.
• Fantastic MCG Rite of Passage show bag.
• The chance to meet AFL players and team mascots.
• Access to a reserved seating area to watch the Richmond v North Melbourne match.
View MCG Rite of Passage terms and conditions