MCG Open Day this Sunday!
Nov 12, 2013
The Melbourne Cricket Club (MCC) will open the MCG for everyone to enjoy on Sunday November 17 in celebration of the club's 175th anniversary.
MCG Open Day is a FREE event, allowing the public to gain rare access to the playing surface and see parts of the stadium and the MCC Reserve that are normally off limits.
“The MCC has a rich history and a vast heritage collection which has been preserved for its visitors to appreciate,” said MCC president Paul Sheahan.
“Open Day provides a great opportunity for those interested in Australia’s sporting history to gain insight into Australia’s largest and oldest sporting club and the world-class stadium that it manages.”
• Relive your favourite sporting moments on the hallowed turf of the MCG with kick-to-kick with family and friends.
• Have your photo taken on the AFL premiership dais with the 2013 replica premiership cup.
• Pick up a map and show bag and take a tour through the MCC Reserve, player change rooms and National Sports Museum.
• Challenge yourself on the AFL Playground, Melbourne Stars bowling tunnel and AFL Victoria’s mini draft camp.
• Enjoy roving entertainment from the comfort of the Hugh Trumble Cafe, Tower 6 and Paddock Café.
• Win prizes throughout the day.
Key event information
• MCG Open Day will take place from 10.00am to 4.00pm with last ground access at 3.30pm.
• Access to the MCG is via Gate 2 (Members’ entrance) and Gate 3 (National Sports Museum entrance).
• Parking is available in Yarra Park at $10 per vehicle via Gate 5 and 6 on Punt Road.
• For kick-to-kick, attendees should bring their own footy or purchase one at the MCG Superstore.
• No football boots are to be worn on the arena.
• Access to the arena on MCG Open Day is at the arena manager’s discretion.
• In the event of inclement weather, access to the arena may be cancelled.
Want to know more?
Contact us on Twitter or Facebook!