Our PolicyThe Melbourne Cricket Club is committed to achieving and maintaining a safe and hazard-free environment for our employees, contractors, promoters, users, tenants and patrons of our grounds and will do so in a proactive, consultative and positive manner.
The club believes in the importance of providing and maintaining a safe and healthy work environment and actively promoting safe working conditions and practices. Our objective is to focus on the importance of health and safety in both daily work functions and as the provider of a major public facility.
The club and its management will:
- Provide safe work conditions and a safe system of work.
- Require staff and contractors to comply with relevant legislation and ensure they have the necessary training.
- Use a safety management system to track our performance and ensure potential hazards are reported and addressed rapidly.
- Encourage staff participation in the development and implementation of OH&S policies and procedures.
- Encourage participation in the resolution of safety issues.
Staff (and contractors) will:
- Observe safety procedures, rules and relevant legislation.
- Involve themselves in the identification and resolution of work place hazards.
- Maintain safe practices in the performance of their work and take care for the safety of others who may be affected by their action.
- Assist in the resolution of safety issues within their designated area, in consultation with management.
- Assist in the identification of safety issues.
- Actively promote safe working practices.
Click here for details about our emergency evacuation procedures.
Reporting a health and safety issue
Please report any unsafe conditions or actions, or incidents and injuries by notifying an MCC staff member, MCC security guard, MCG Guide or a Police Officer. You can also report a hazard by phoning 9657 8881 (24 hours/seven days), 9657 8833 (event days only) or sending an email to email@example.com.
Please report any emergency by phoning 9657 8881 (24 hours/seven days) or 9657 8833 (event days only).
If reporting an emergency, please attempt to provide the following information:
- Your name
- Exact location of emergency, including stand, level, section, etc.
- Type of emergency
- Number of injured people
- Types of injuries
- Potential or existing hazards remaining.
During events, Event Aid is present at First Aid offices located throughout the stadium. To locate the nearest First Aid provider, please ask one of our event staff or security guards.
The First Aid provider records any treatment carried out, and if additional treatment is required, will make the necessary arrangements.
Sun protectionMelbourne Cricket Club reminds you to think about your protection from the sun.
Make sure you have:
- A broad-brimmed hat
- SFP 15+ sunscreen (don't forget to reapply every two hours)
- SFP lip balm
- Clothing protection
Melbourne Cricket Club also reminds you that heat illness can be fatal if symptoms are ignored such as nausea, dizziness, clumsiness, collapse and convulsions.
To avoid illness:
- Drink plenty of water
- Wear a broad brimmed hat
- If your seat is under the sun, take regular breaks in the shade
- Wear loose fitted, loose weave clothing
- If you do feel ill, please seek assistance from our First Aid volunteers.
All contractors and visitors to the MCG must complete the online safety induction program or be in the presence of an MCC staff member at all times within the venue.
To complete the induction program, please visit www.mcgtraining.com.au and enter the following details:
All inductees must complete the program every two years.