Nowhere in the world can you find a museum that celebrates a nation's rich sporting history like the National Sports Museum at an unmatchable venue like the MCG.Across a multitude of sports, the museum features memorabilia from some of the country’s biggest heroes and highlights moments that have shaped the traditions of Australian sport.
The NSM showcases:
- Australian Gallery of Sport and Olympic Museum
- Sport Australia Hall of Fame
- Australian Cricket Hall of Fame
- Australian Football Hall of Fame
- Champions – Thoroughbred Racing Gallery
- MCG – The People’s Ground
- Melbourne Cricket Club Museum
- Backyard to Baggy Green Exhibition (including a Shane Warne 3D hologram)
- Australian Football Exhibition (including a James Hird 3D hologram)
- An interactive gallery for visitors of all ages, Game On!
The museum also boasts other displays of basketball, boxing, netball, soccer, cycling, tennis, golf, Paralympic Games, rugby union, and rugby league.
Temporary exhibition areas addressing current sporting trends and events of today, such as Rallying the Spirits, always provide a special and new experience for visitors every time.
Click here for details on operating hours and admission prices.