This year, our Rite of Passage event will be a girls’ footy clinic, aimed to encourage female participation in football on the back of the launch of the AFL Women’s League.On Saturday April 29, prior to the Carlton v Sydney Swans match, 50 girls aged 5-8 and another 50 girls aged 9-12 – randomly chosen in a ballot - will be given the chance to participate in a footy clinic on the MCG turf, run by Kelly Sports and featuring AFL Women’s League players.
The clinic will occur between approximately 11.30am and 12.30pm.
As per previous years, there will be a very exciting show bag for each successful participant, including a child-sized Sherrin footy distributed at the end of the clinic to take home.
How to enterAs in previous years, a random, computer-generated draw will be used to select the lucky participants.
Registrations in the ballot will be taken via an online form available on this page between Wednesday April 5 at 9.00am and Friday April 7 at 5.00pm.
A limit of two children per registration applies.
The ballot will be conducted on Monday April 10 and all entrants will be advised of the outcome via email by no later than Thursday April 13 at 5.00pm.
Click here for terms and conditions.
What you’ll get…A total of 100 children accompanied by their parent or guardian will receive the 2017 MCG Rite of Passage offer, which includes:
- A free child-sized football.
- Free general admission entry for one child (participant) and one adult (parent/guardian) into the MCG for Carlton v Sydney Swans (child must be no older than 12 years of age at April 29, 2017 to participate in the footy clinic).
- Opportunity to participate in a 40-minute footy clinic on the ground prior to the game.
- MCG Rite of Passage show bag.
- The chance to meet AFL Women’s League players and team mascots.
Please note: additional family members who wish to attend to watch the footy clinic will need to purchase a general admission ticket to gain entry.