Don’t miss your chance to enjoy the ultimate MCG experience.On Sunday October 4, the day after the 2015 AFL Grand Final, the MCG will open its gates and welcome the public to its third annual MCG Open Day.
A free event, MCG Open Day allows sports fans to gain rare access to the hallowed turf of the MCG for a kick-to-kick with family and friends, as well as explore otherwise off-limits parts of the stadium such as the player change rooms and historic MCC Long Room.
A fantastic day out for kids, adults and everyone in between, highlights include:
- Relive your favourite sporting moments on the hallowed turf of the MCG with kick-to-kick with family and friends.
- Create your own Grand Final celebration and have your photo taken with the 2015 replica AFL premiership cup (reduced cost of $5 per photo when you pre-register –normally $10).
- Explore the inner sanctum of the MCG, from the player change rooms and cricket viewing rooms to the world-class MCC Library.
- Visit the National Sports Museum at a discounted cost (only $5).
- Kick off the summer of cricket and get a photo with the ICC Cricket World Cup trophy.
- Roving entertainment and activities.
Register now for this fantastic free event and you will go in the draw* to WIN:
- One of five Family passes for an MCG Tour & National Sports Museum visit (valued at $70)
- One of five Cadbury chocolate hampers (valued up to $95)
Key event information:
- MCG Open Day will take place from 10.00am to 3.00pm, with last ground access at 2.30pm.
- Access to the MCG will be available via Gate 2 (for arena entry) and Gate 3 (for NSM entry).
Members Dining Room experience
Experience dining in the MCC Members Reserve! The MCG is providing the opportunity for those attending on Open Day to enjoy a three-course meal in the exclusive Members Dining Room. Pre-bookings are essential, so call now to secure your place:
- Sitting times: 12.00pm, 12.30pm and 1.00pm
- Menu: Available to view here.
- Bookings open: Monday September 7
- Bookings close: Thursday October 1 (unless sold out prior)
- To make a booking, please contact (03) 9284 2365 during business hours (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm).
Please note, a fee of $30 per person will be charged for no-shows or cancellations after 5pm on October 1. The Members Dining Room experience will only go ahead if the minimum number of guests are reached in the pre-booking period.
In the event of a drawn AFL Grand Final on October 3, MCG Open Day will be cancelled.
For more information about MCG Open Day, including highlights of the day, please visit our event page.