Step into greatness when cricket returns to the ‘G!
The Melbourne Cricket Club, as ground managers of the MCG, looks forward to welcoming you to the ‘G across the upcoming Summer of Cricket.
The MCG will host both domestic and international matches across the 2021-22 cricket season with the fixture to feature KFC BBL|11 blockbusters, Marsh Sheffield Shield and One-Day Cup competitions in addition to the traditional Boxing Day Test when the Men’s Ashes Series returns to Australia this summer.
View the schedule here.
Your Visit to the MCGDuring the COVID-19 pandemic, the Melbourne Cricket Club has worked closely with the Victorian Government to develop a framework in which major events can operate. This has resulted in the endorsed COVIDSafe Event Plan that is in place and underpins the Club’s commitment to protecting the ongoing wellbeing of all patrons.
The MCC is committed to ensuring that all events across the 2021-22 Summer of Cricket operate in line with relevant Victorian Government COVID-19 guidelines so all patrons can experience the MCG in a safe way.
As a result, things may look a little different since your last visit to the ‘G. Below you will find everything you need to know to help make your experience a great one.
COVID-19 Health AdvicePlease play your role in protecting the people’s ground by following these simple directions when visiting the MCG:
- Clean hands. Please remember to wash or sanitise your hands regularly.
- Know when it’s time to bow out. Feel unwell or have cold symptoms? Then please stay at home.
- Protect the head. Please wear a fitted face mask when in congested areas (for example in food & beverage outlets, toilets and entering and exiting the venue).
- Stay at least a couple of cricket bat’s length apart. For good measure, please stay 1.5 metres from one another.
Before you arrive at the MCG
- Gone are the days of paper tickets – all tickets to the MCG will be delivered digitally via Ticketek. You will need to download your mobile ticket before you arrive at the venue and scan into the MCG using your smartphone.
- If you have purchased tickets on behalf of others, you will need to forward tickets to the individuals attending within your group.
- Pack your face mask as it needs to be worn in congestion, specifically on public transport and through the security and entry process at your entry gate.
- Keep your bag or backpack to a size that can fit comfortably under your seat. Larger bags – such as duffle bags, sports bags or suitcases – are not permitted. There will be no cloaking facilities at the MCG.
- Download the Service Victoria app to ensure you’re prepared for your arrival to the MCG and ready to scan the displayed QR codes on arrival. The Service Victoria App can be downloaded on Google Play or the App Store. For more information CLICK HERE.
- Plan to arrive early to the MCG and also plan your journey to the MCG by visiting PTV website or the Yarra Park car parking schedule.
On the day
- Arrive early to ease congestion on public transport and also during the entry process at your assigned gate.
- Enter with your own mobile ticket via the gate indicated on your Ticketek digital ticket.
- Use the displayed Victorian Government QR codes to check into the MCG. These will be displayed at the entry area of your assigned gate. Please scan the displayed QR code by opening up your smartphone’s camera and allowing it to focus on the code. Your smartphone will then identify the code and say what to do next. If this does not work, please download the Service Victoria app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store and follow instructions to check into the MCG.
- Maintain physical distancing at all times within the MCG by leaving at least a couple cricket bat lengths distance between you and others.
- Your mobile ticket will indicate your assigned section and row. When you get there, ensure you leave at least one empty seat between you and the other groups seated in your assigned row.
- When you’re moving around your assigned zone, please ensure you are wearing your fitted face mask when there’s congestion.
- Remember there won’t be an opportunity to cross between zones once inside the MCG. Each zone will have access to bathrooms, parents rooms, first aid, merchandise, food and beverage outlets (including those with Halal and vegetarian options), mobile charging units, prayer rooms and water refill stations. Our event day staff are here to help you should you need to locate anything in your zone.
- All food, beverage and merchandise outlets will be cashless – so all transactions will need to be made on your debit or credit card.
- Bars at the MCG will operate as either take-away or service facilities, or a combination of both. COVIDSafe approved capacity limits will be applied to all food and beverage facilities within the MCG.
- The MCG’s official hygiene partner, Dettol, has installed 275 hand sanitisation stations throughout the Ground to support good personal hygiene practices.
- We’re here to help – attendees are encouraged to contact management in the event they need any assistance, want to alert to a COVID-19 protocol breach or have witnessed anti-social behaviour. The channels in which patrons can contact management are through:
Information found at: mcg.org.au
View Conditions of Entry
Download the Service Victoria app to check-in at the MCG.
View additional Conditions of Entry relating to COVID-19
This webpage will be updated with details regarding the 2021 AFL Premiership Season as more information becomes available. Please check back here for updates, keep an eye on your emails, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.