Get ready to step back into greatness when footy returns to the 'G!The Melbourne Cricket Club, as ground managers of the MCG, is looking forward to hosting 46 games throughout the 2021 AFL Premiership Season.
The AFL have released the dates and timings of matches to Round 8, while also outlining the venues and teams for the further 15 rounds of the home and away fixture.
View the fixture
It is anticipated that ticketing on-sales will continue weekly for at least the first six rounds, however this is subject to change.
To comply with Victorian State Government COVID-19 guidelines, it is a requirement from the AFL and a condition of purchase to provide the name and mobile number of all ticket holders attending. This information will need to be provided on the Ticketek payment page prior to completing your purchase.
View MCG Seating and Zone Map
The initial schedule is outlined below:
|MCC members||Monday 9.00am|
|AFL members||Tuesday 10.00am|
Priority 1 from 10.00am
Priority 2 from 11.00am
|Home members||Tuesday 1.00pm|
Priority 1 from 1.00pm
Priority 2 from 3.00pm
Priority 3 from 5.00pm
Off-sale Wednesday 9.00am
|Away members||Wednesday 10.00am|
Off-sale Wednesday 12.00pm
|General public||Wednesday 1.00pm (subject to availability)|
As a result, things may look a little different since your last visit to the 'G. Below you'll find everything you need to know to help make your experience a great one.
Before you arrive:
- Gone are the days of paper tickets – all tickets to the MCG will be delivered digitally via Ticketek. You will need to download your mobile ticket before you arrive at the venue and scan into the MCG using your smartphone.
- If you have purchased tickets on behalf of others, you will need to forward tickets to the individuals attending within your group.
- Keep your bag or backpack to a size that can fit comfortably under your seat. Larger bags – such as duffle bags, sports bags or suitcases – are not permitted. There will be no cloaking facilities at the MCG.
- Download the Service Victoria app to ensure you’re prepared for your arrival to the MCG and ready to scan the displayed QR codes on arrival. The Service Victoria App can be downloaded on Google Play or the App Store. For more information CLICK HERE.
- Plan to arrive early to the MCG and also plan your journey to the MCG by visiting PTV website or the Yarra Park car parking schedule.
At the ‘G:
- You will be required to enter via the Gate noted on your Ticketek digital ticket. Have your ticket open on your smart device ready to be scanned at the turnstiles.
- To assist in capacity management and contact tracing as well as supporting good hygiene practices, the MCG will be sectioned into five zones. The five zones are: Ponsford Stand (Zone 1); Members’ Stand (Zone 2); Olympic Stand (Zone 3) and two zones in the Great Southern Stand (Zones 4 and 5). Your ticket will allocate you to a zone, section, row and seat and you will not be able to move between zones once inside the MCG.
- Once inside your designated zone, open up the Service Victoria app and scan the displayed QR codes to register your attendance.
- Each zone will have access to bathrooms, parents rooms, first aid, merchandise, food and beverage outlets, mobile charging units and water refill stations. Our event day staff are here to help you should you need to locate anything in your zone.
- All food, beverage and merchandise outlets will be cashless – so all transactions will need to be made on your debit or credit card.
- Bars at the MCG will operate as either take-away or service facilities, or a combination of both. The one person per two square metre rule will be applied to all food and beverage facilities within the MCG.
- The MCG’s official hygiene partner, Dettol, has installed 275 hand sanitisation stations throughout the Ground to support good personal hygiene practices.
Download the Service Victoria app to check-in at the MCG.
Patrons are reminded to follow these simple directions to remain COVIDSafe when visiting the MCG:
- Clean hands. Please remember to wash or sanitise your hands regularly.
- Know when it’s time to bow out. Feel unwell or have cold symptoms? Then please stay at home.
- Protect the head. Please wear a fitted face mask when in congested areas (for example in food & beverage outlets, toilets and entering and exiting the venue).
- Stay at least a couple of cricket bat’s length apart. For good measure, please stay 1.5 metres from one another.
This webpage will be updated with details regarding the 2021 AFL Premiership Season as more information becomes available. Please check back here for updates, keep an eye on your emails, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.