The MCG looks forward to welcoming you to the Melbourne Football Club Premiership Celebration on Sunday December 5.It will be the first time the red and blue army will get to celebrate the unforgettable 2021 AFL Grand Final win back in September, together with fellow supporters as well as players and coaches.
Tickets are free for all to attend however, for COVID-compliance and contact tracing purposes, all attendees will need to pre-book a reserved seat ticket to the event via Ticketek.
Fans can enjoy the half time entertainment, the opportunity to hear from the club’s 2021 Premiership players and coaches, plus past legends of the club. Outside the Ground, between 8.00am and 11.00am, the 2021 AFL Premiership Cup will be on display for supporters to take their own photographs with the Cup.
Event informationDate: Sunday December 5
Gates open: 10.00am AEDT
Grand Final replay and entertainment: from 11.00am AEDT
Player appearances: from approximately 1.50pm AEDT
COVID-19 Vaccination Condition of EntryIn line with the Victorian Government health directives for this event, the MCG will only be accessible by to fully vaccinated patrons (over the age of 12 years and two months).
Children under 12 years and two months do not need to be vaccinated but must be accompanied by fully vaccinated adults.
Unvaccinated patrons will not be permitted to enter the MCG, unless they are able to display a valid immunisation medical exemption provided by a Victorian Government-approved health professional.
As patrons arrive at the Gate, they are asked to bring up their COVID-19 digital certificate to display to match day staff at the entrance gate in one of two ways:
- Scan the QR code outside the entrance gate using the Services Victoria App on your smart device.
- Show their COVID-19 digital certificate in the same smart wallet on their device, that houses their digital ticket from Ticketek. All patrons will still be required to “check-in” to the MCG via the Services Victoria app.
For patrons without a smart device, they will be required to provide a printed version of the COVID-19 digital certificate or Immunisation History statement, which can be used as evidence of vaccination.
TicketsTickets for this event will be available to redeem from 2.00pm AEDT on Wednesday November 24 via Ticketek. Click here to reserve your FREE ticket.
The Ticketek issued digital ticket will be used by event staff to direct you to the correct seat.
If patrons have purchased tickets on behalf of others, they will need to forward tickets to the individuals attending within their group.
All attendees will be required to check-in outside of their gate, using the displayed QR code via the Service Victoria app. The Service Victoria app is available to download from the Apple Store or on Google Play.
Entry GateEntry is via Gates 1, 2 and 3. Patrons must enter through the Gare on their Ticketek digital ticket.
SeatingUpon ticket purchase, you will be allocated a section, row and seat on a digital ticket sent by Ticketek.
Road closuresBrunton Avenue (Punt Road end): 9:30-11:00am
Brunton Avenue (Punt Road end): 3:00-4:00pm
Before arriving at the MCGWe encourage all attendees to do the following, as part of their preparation if they plan to attend:
- Make sure you pack your debit or credit card as the MCG will operate as a cashless venue.
- Face masks are strongly recommended where physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- Come prepared for all types of weather conditions, including packing a hat, sunscreen, sunglasses and a poncho or a raincoat.
- Keep your bag or backpack to a size that can fit comfortably under your seat. Larger bags such as duffle bags, sports bags or suitcases will be required to be checked in to the cloaking facilities located at Gate 1 and Gate 3.
At the 'G
- You will be required to enter via the Gate on your digital ticket.
- As patrons arrive at the Gate, they are asked to bring up their COVID-19 digital certificate to display to match day staff at the entrance gate in one of two ways: 1. Scan the QR code outside the entrance gate using the Service Victoria App on your smart device.
- Once inside, open up the Service Victoria app and scan the displayed QR codes to register your attendance.
2. Show their COVID-19 digital certificate in the same smart wallet on their device that houses their digital ticket from Ticketek.
COVIDSafe MeasuresPlease play your role in being COVIDSafe, and following these simple directions:
- Clean hands. Please remember to wash or sanitise your hands regularly, using one of the MCG’s installed 275 Dettol hand sanitisation stations throughout the Ground.
- Know when it’s time to bow out. Feel unwell or have cold symptoms? Then please stay at home.
- Protect the head. Face masks are strongly recommended where physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- Stay at least a couple of cricket bat’s length apart. For good measure, please stay 1.5 metres from one another.
Here to helpWe’re here to help – all attendees are encouraged to contact management in the event they need any assistance, want to alert to a COVID-19 protocol breach or have witnessed anti-social behaviour.
The channels in which members can contact management are through:
Text line: 0409 117 621
Information found at: mcg.org.au
Download the MCG app for Apple or Android
View Conditions of Entry
View additional Conditions of Entry relating to COVID-19