Billy Joel comes to the MCG for one night only in AustraliaOne of the greatest singer/songwriter/composers of modern times, Billy Joel, will perform for one night only in Australia on Saturday December 10 with a history-making performance at the iconic Melbourne Cricket Ground.
Frontier Touring, the Victorian Government and ALWAYS LIVE present one of the biggest concert draws in the world.
Having sold over 150 million records and scoring six GRAMMY® wins from 23 nominations, Billy Joel ranks as one of the most popular and respected entertainers in history – the sixth best-selling recording artist of all time, and the third best-selling solo artist.
The Melbourne Cricket Ground looks forward to welcoming you to the 'G for Billy Joel.
Gates open: 5.00pm AEDT
Tina Arena: 7.00pm AEDT
Billy Joel: 8.30pm AEDT
Frequently Asked Questions
To find out more on attending the MCG for Billy Joel, download the FAQs here.
General public parking in Yarra Park is available for this event. Click here
for parking information as well as alternative parking options close to the MCG, and continue to check regularly for updates.
The G-Train Mobility Shuttle Service
The G-Train Mobility Shuttle Service operates during public events held at the MCG.
The service is free and accessible to patrons with mobility challenges and in 2022, the G-Train will also feature vehicles with wheelchair-friendly access.
Pre-booking is not required; simply wait at a designated pick up point for the next available buggy. The service has pick up points from the following locations:
Find out more
- Richmond Station
- Jolimont Station
- Accessible Parking Area
At the 'G
- You will be required to enter via the gate listed in your ticket.
- The MCG is a cashless venue. All food, beverage and merchandise outlets will be cashless – so all transactions will need to be made on your debit or credit card.
- The MCG is a smoke, e-cigarette and vape free venue. Patrons found smoking or vaping inside the Ground will face immediate eviction.
- The MCG’s official hygiene partner, Dettol, has installed 275 hand sanitisation stations throughout the Ground to support good personal hygiene practices.
- We also recommend packing a fitted face mask. While masks are not mandatory, we encourage patrons who wish to do so to wear masks where physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- At the MCG, your safety is our priority. If you experience any form of antisocial behaviour, please report it via the MCG's antisocial text hotline on +61 409 117 621.
Flashing Lights Warning
Please note, flashing lights may be used throughout this event at the MCG.