The Melbourne Cricket Ground is one of the most famous cricket grounds in the world.There have been countless memorable cricket moments and records created at the MCG since the first Test in 1877.
Take a look through a history of cricket at the MCG that has seen just about everything:
- The world record first-class score (1107 - Victoria v NSW, 1926).
- The First Test match (Australia v England, 1877).
- First century in Test cricket (Charles Bannerman).
- World’s first cricket scoreboard showing batsman’s name and method of dismissal.
- First full-colour cricket scoreboard with instant replays.
- The first major stadium to use “Super Sopper” to dry surface.
- The world’s first one-day international cricket match (January 5, 1971).
- World record crowd of 93,013 for 2015 Cricket World Cup Final.
MCG cricket statisticsTests